avahi.service - avahi-daemon static service file
2. SYNOPSIS ▲
3. DESCRIPTION ▲
\fI/etc/avahi/services/*.service\f1 are XML fragments containing static DNS-SD service data. Every service file can contain multiple service definitions which share the same name. This is useful for publishing service data for services which implement multiple protocols. (i.e. a printer implementing _ipp._tcp and _printer._tcp)
4. XML TAGS ▲
- \fB<service-group>\f1 The document tag of avahi service files. Should contain one \fB<name>\f1 and one or more \fB<service>\f1 elements.
- \fB<name replace-wildcards="yes|no">\f1 The service name. If \fBreplace-wildcards\f1 is "yes", any occurence of the string "%h" will be replaced by the local host name. This can be used for service names like "Remote Terminal on %h". If \fBreplace-wildcards\f1 is not specified, defaults to "no".
- \fB<service protocol="ipv4|ipv6|any">\f1 Contains the service information for exactly one service type. Should contain one \fB<type>\f1 and one \fB<port>\f1 element. Optionally it may contain one \fB<domain-name>\f1, one \fB<host-name>\f1, any number of \fB<subtype>\f1 and any number of \fB<txt-record>\f1 elements. The attribute \fBprotocol\f1 specifies the protocol to advertise the service on. If \fBany\f1 is used (which is the default), the service will be advertised on both IPv4 and IPv6.
- \fB<type>\f1 Contains the DNS-SD service type for this service. e.g. "_http._tcp".
- \fB<subtype>\f1 Contains an additional DNS-SD service subtype for this service. e.g. "_anon._sub._ftp._tcp".
- \fB<domain-name>\f1 The domain name this service should be registered. If omited defaults to the default domain of the avahi daemon. (probably .local)
- \fB<host-name>\f1 The host name of the host that provides this service. This should be a host that is resolvable by multicast or unicast DNS. Please note that you need to specify a fully-qualified domain name (FQDN) here, i.e. .local is not appended implicitly! The host name doesn't need to be part of the domain specified in \fB<domain-name>\f1. See \fBavahi.hosts(5)\f1 for more information how to publish additional host name mappings.
- \fB<port>\f1 The IP port number the service listens on.
- \fB<txt-record>\f1 DNS-SD TXT record data.
.SH AUTHORS The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from \fBhttp://avahi.org/\f1
5. SEE ALSO ▲
6. COMMENTS ▲
This man page was written using \fBxml2man(1)\f1 by Oliver Kurth.